Sedona Horse Properties Search
Sedon Horse Properties + Farms & Ranches
Search horse properties and Sedona real estate.
We own horses ourselves, Annie and Flyer (pictured to the right). We board them at Horse Mesa Ranch in Sedona. We know what to look for in Sedona horse properties. It doesn't matter if it's a couple acres or a large farm or ranch, this website offers a direct link to horse properties for sale in the Sedona Arizona area. You can also search for Sedona AZ Horse Farms, Sedona Horse Ranches, Sedona Equestrian Property and other Sedona Horse Properties for sale.
7 Tips for Buying Sedona Horse Properties
When searching for a property suitable for your family, including your horses, there are many things to consider. Purchasing horse property is much different than buying a suburban home, which is why having the knowledge and expertise of a professional team of REALTORS® such as the Susan Deierling Team is important to long-term success.
- Talk to the applicable County (Yavapai or Coconino) about your plans.
- Read the CC&R's restrictions if any. They may only allow domestics (cats and dogs). The MLS will specify what you can have whether its domestics, horses or farm animals.
- Water – Water can be a big deal in Arizona. We are fortunate enough to be located on the Colorado Plateau and it's massive water aquifers. Wells are generally 300-600ft down in the area but can be much, much less if your land is on the creek. The Arizona Department of Water Resources (ADWR) regulates water in Arizona. Unless you buy a property with deeded water rights on an irrigation ditch, you won't likely have any pasture. Most irrigation ditches are in the Verde Valley in Cornville and Cottonwood.
- Topography – Where's the flood zone? Are you near a creek or river? If not, it's not likely in a flood zone. This can be researched on the county GIS map overlays. Just give us a call and we'll help out.
- Trail Riding – Ideally, you want to ride off your Sedona horse property to a trail and not have to trailer the horses. Consider land in close proximity to the National Forest Service land. The area to the south of Sedona has many trails and lots of access. This would be the Big Park and Village of Oak Creek areas.
- Think Long-Term – It’s crucial to be familiar with the zoning laws and local ordinances for your horse property in Albuquerque. Many areas have bylaws governing what types of animals you can have and how many horses or other livestock may be kept per acre of property. Consider how you may want to expand longer-term, adding horses or building new infrastructure.
- Verde Valley Veterinarians - Meet the large animal Vets and address any concerns you have for your animals.
- Boarding - Sometimes the answer is to board temporarily or permanently. Will you be traveling much?
You can find quite a range in Sedona area horse properties for sale. They can be a ranchette, to a full equestrian facility with building, pens and arenas. There are also properties available around the Sedona area, including the Verde Valley communities, with horse properties. The suitable Verde Valley cities are Sedona, Cottonwood, Cornville, Camp Verde and Rimrock. Many of these areas have superb access to horse riding trails. arenas, and other horse lovers.
What about zoning for horses? How many horses is allowed on this parcel? The answer depends on the county/city and zoning. Most HOA's will also restrict horses in the CC&Rs. The inspection / due diligence period is critical to ensure that the property is allowed to be used in a manner that meets your requirements.
As horseback riding Realtors who specialize in farms and ranches, we would be honored to assist you in your search for a home. Give us a call at 928-301-4949
Modify Search Criteria
9530 N State Rte 89a
Sedona, AZ 86336
5 Acres Or More
Hear that? Open your heart and you will hear it calling you. As old as the mountains that this exquisite home is nestle amongst, the call is disti...
25 Canyon Ridge Tr
Sedona, AZ 86351
5 Acres Or More
This is a stunning custom home with an everlasting contemporary design. The elements of brick, slate, wood, glass and steel are thoughtfully place...
50 E Wing Drive
Sedona, AZ 86336
Cup Gold East
Come see why this elegant 6.5-acre equestrian estate won the hearts of Henry Ford's heirs! The gracious Old Sedona-style home & guest house with mu...